The library has temporarily closed and ended all physical services. All available online services offered can be found here.
Building Closure & Services Notice
March 18, 2020
Dear library customer
Governor Brown has issued a statewide order closing schools, canceling public gatherings, and enforcing social distancing. When schools are closed, public libraries have always become gathering places for children and their families. As a result, there isn’t a way for us to remain open while ensuring the safety of our staff and members of our communities.
Effective Wednesday, March 18th our library will close to the public. This closure will remain in effect until at least April 8th. We will work to provide a curbside service for those who have items to pick up.
While our library is closed we will be making the following changes:
• Curb side pickup will be from 10 am to 6 pm Monday – Thursday, 10am to 5pm Friday & Saturday. Calls to request items can be made during the same hours.
• Late fees will not accrue until we are able to fully open.
• Library cards can be temporarily issued via the phone so that services may be accessed.
• Follow us on Facebook for announcements, programs, and ideas for what to do.
• We encourage everyone to explore the many online resources and digital materials available on our website. We have eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, and a lot more..
• We will explore ways to provide all the services we can reasonably offer.
• Inter library loans will take longer as other libraries have closed.
• Book donations will not be accepted until further notice
• Check out our web page at www.hermistonlibrary.us, follow us on Facebook, send us an email at libraryhermiston.or.us, or give us a call to find out how the library can help you 541-567-2882.
Hermiston Public Library is dedicated to serving you and our community. The safety of all our communities is paramount. We value your continued support during this challenging time.