You Are an Essential Piece of our Puzzle!
Hermiston Public Library needs people like you to volunteer.
- Give an hour or more a month?
- Pick out books for a resident of an assisted living facility?
- Make a new friend?
- Read to/Listen to a child read?
- Straighten books on a shelf?
- Prepare craft items for Story Time?
What do you get back from volunteering?
- New experiences and skills
- Service to your community.
- Many jobs and most colleges and scholarship sources want to know how you are involved in your community. Volunteer service shows how you care about your town and its residents.
- The knowledge you've made someone's day. Nothing beats the smile you receive from someone who has been watching for you to walk through the door.
Stop by and see Kelly our Volunteer Coordinator, or phone or email her at: kmartinezhermiston.or.us or 541-567-2882.
Download our Volunteer Application.
Download our Criminal Background Check form. This is required for volunteers age 18 and older.
We have a special project that can always use volunteers. See the Elderlibraries page for more information.